High waisted shorts are everywhere this day. High waisted shorts are a kind of shorts with a waist band that falls on top of the navel. These will look great with a tank top and tailored blouse. They are a perfect option for girls who do not want the feel of hiphugging pants. You can simply make set of high waisted shorts out of old set of pants. Follow the steps below if you want to have a pair of these shorts.
1. Find Adorable Pair of Waisted Jeans: First, you need to get a pair of high waisted jeans. Ensure that the jean has a good fit. Don’t start trimming your old jeans; you have to test it to ensure that the high waisted look is suitable for you. They must feel at ease and the waist must be in the appropriate height. When the jeans are baggy, they will fall below down to your waist and you will be capable to rate a high waisted short from them.
2. Spot the needed length of the short while you are wearing the jeans: When marking the high waisted shorts, you need to keep the jeans on in order for you to have a precise sense of the length the high waist short must be. When marking it, you can utilize a black pen, chalk board or a tailor’s chalk. Just make a spot every leg of the jeans so you could utilize it as your guide if you are ready to trim.
3. Put down the spotted jeans on an even surface: Fold the jeans together and sketch your trimming line spot all through the legs. If you like a balance cut, pinning the two halves as one will help as this avoid the pants from sliding and slipping while marking.
4. Trim the shorts using a sharp and clean scissors: Ensure your scissors are clean and sharp, particularly when you’re cutting throughout denim. Cut the short slowly to ensure you have an equal trimming down the line you have marked. Drastic cutting makes your shorts very short, you will not capable to fix the damage.
5. Cut the jeans for a distressed appearance: A high waisted short look stunning and cute when they are distressed, this allows you to utilize pinking shears, knife and box cutter straight across the areas where you like to put the rips. You must try to make at least single distressed area on each leg.
Hem them. If you like you high waisted short to be edged rather looking frayed, then hemming them is the best option. This will help them to appear more even if you did not trim them evenly. To hem your high waisted shorts, purchase clothing dye and go after the direction written at the back of the label. Choose funky and fun color such as lime green or hot pink. Dyeing is effective on light colored shorts.
Following these steps will enable you to sew a high waisted short in just a matter of an hour or less.