When it comes to kitchen or dining table covering, a personalized round tablecloth can be costly, depending on the size of the table as well as on the thickness of the materials to be used. You might require sewing many widths of materials as one in order to create a round customize tablecloth. To save on cost, a lot of people strive to know the ways on how to sew a round tablecloth. You can stitch a round tablecloth from middleweight cotton and line materials or utilize a laminated cotton fabric for a wipe off round tablecloth.
Steps on How to Sew a Round Tablecloth
1. Measure the width of your tabletop: You need to measure the width and length from your tabletop to the flooring when you like to sew a round tablecloth which touches the flooring.
2. If you do not like your personalized round tablecloth to extend the flooring, measure the width you would want it to fall. Like for instance, if you’ll be sitting at your table, you might need your tablecloth to fall only about the legs.
3. Know the amount of material you want: Put in the diameter of the tabletops to double the extent of the completed tablecloth.
4. Cut a piece of fabric which measures the width plus double the distance, plus one inch or 2.54 cm for a border
5. Put the two pieces of material on pinnacle of every other, at the right portion facing down. Fasten the materials as one along one long side. You just do this once the material is not broad enough to cover the whole table. Like for instance, when the tabletop measures.91 meters or 36 inches across and the completed round tablecloth will be .45 meters or 18 inches long, you will need a length of material which measures 1.83 meter square or 72 inches.
6. Stilt the materials collectively along the fasten side, 1.27 cm or 5 inches far from the border. Unfold the materials, and then iron the layer flat. Cut the thickness of the material in order to cover the dimension of the tablecloth plus one inch for the layer.
7. Fold the part of material in half, facing to the right side. Fold the fabric once again, the conflicting way, in order to have a four sided figure of material ¼ the dimension of the novel piece.
8. Set slantwise your tape measure across the folded material, from the wrinkled edge to the reverse corner. Then measure half the completed dimension of the tablecloth starting from the upper part, and put a mark at which point of the material.
9. Draw a vent line from the mark going to the upper outer part and another line starting from the mark to the base inner corner. Then cut the material alongside the lines you make. Once you unfold the round tablecloth material, you must have a great circle.
10. Iron flat the circle to get rid of some creases because of the folding of the material. Hem your personalized round tablecloth. Fold up beneath the border of the perfect circle .64 meters, and fold up it beneath under 1.9 cm. Fasten and then stilt the hem.