Slime is a type of goo the feels creepy and cool to touch. Slim is gross, but some kids and many adults love it because they can shape their favorite caricature from it. This glob of goo can be purchased at local stores, but you can save a huge amount of money if you choose to make slime at home. You only need cornstarch or borax to create a glob of goo. But how will you create slime without using cornstarch or borax? Typically, you cannot create slime without using borax or cornstarch. Below are tips on how to make slime without borax.
Things that you will need to making slime without borax include liquid starch or cornstarch, white glue, saucepan, bowl, food coloring, and spoon.
1. The first thing that you need to do is to warm water on a saucepan. Make sure not to boil the water, just keep it warm enough that you can dip your hands in it. You need warm water to create a liquid starch solution, and to keep off the cornstarch from clumping.
2. The next thing that you need to do is to pour the warm water into the bowl (preferably glass) and add the food coloring. The color of the slime depends upon your personal choice, and few drops of food coloring will do. Stir until the color of the mixture become balanced. Remember, the cornstarch will make the color light. You can add a few drops of food coloring to make the color of the slime more intense. Lime green is the preferred color of slime, but you can choose other colors depending on what your child wants.
3. At a slow, steady pace, add the cornstarch into the warm water-food coloring mixture. Blend the solution until it becomes smooth. Stirring using the spoon will only make it tiresome for you to blend the mixture. Put the teaspoon down and use your hands in blending or kneading the mixture. Once the water feels cold enough, you can have your child help you with the kneading of the mixture.
4. You can add more water if the slime is till thick, or add more cornstarch if it’s too runny. Continue kneading until you reach the desired touch of the slime.
5. After you have reached your desired touch of the slime, keep it inside the plastic bag storage and put it inside the fridge. This way, you can ensure that your slime will stay moist while preventing it from mold buildup.
Remember that creating slime out of cornstarch can still make a mess. Therefore, you need to ensure that you prepare all the things that you need upon working on your project. Gather old newspapers to cover the floor or the surface you will be doing the mixture, use protective gloves and apron to avoid tainting your hands and clothes with the food coloring, and keep your child away from the warm water. This way, you can create slime without dealing with the mess after your project is done.