Plum jam has been a very recipe to make at home especially if it does not require adding pectin. There are many people from various parts of the world who love doing their own recipe for plum jam without pectin. If you want to have an idea on how to make plum jam without pectin, you landed on the right place. Today, you will find another idea on creating a tasty plum jam.
Most plum lovers, jam lovers, food lovers, or whatever you call them, have been trying to make a delicious plum jam. The good thing about this recipe is that they do not have to undergo or follow complicated steps just to achieve the taste they desired. And, if you are one of these people, the best thing to do is to take note of the given details below.
A delicious and simply fresh recipe for fruit jam can be the perfect way of making pectin-free plum preserve at home. This really tastes better compared to other ready-made ones. Get the best of these ripe and sweet plums whenever they have been in the prime season. Prepare the jam and make use of it all throughout the year for breakfast. This will certainly give a satisfying sweet taste than you never had.
• 1 tbsp. lemon juice
• 3 cups of chopped ripe plums
• ½ cup of water
• 2 cups of sugar
1. Heat the ½ cup of water including the plum pieces in the pan. Then, have it simmer uncovered until the plum gets tender and soft. This normally takes about 10 to 12 minutes before it gets tender. Stir it in between occasionally.
2. Put the sugar and lemon juice together and mix them well. Stir it continuously to dissolve the sugar completely.
3. Allow this mixture to be cooked over a medium heat. Once it started to boil, have it stirred constantly for about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from heat. Allow the mixture to rest for about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Pour the prepared mix into a sterilized jar. Then, leave a little space in the jar and have it sealed with lid. Process the jar for about 8 to 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. Have it cooled and stored in a dark and cool place for a longer storage period.
6. You may even store this inside an airtight container and refrigerate it without undergoing a sterilized process.
7. The plum jam has been ready for all time relish.
Keep in mind that the taste should be mild sour and sweet. This kind of particular on how to make plum jam without pectin may also use a very small amount of pectin. See to it that the sugar will be totally dissolved into the mixture. When it is not properly dissolved, the jam will form sugar crystals. Add some grated ginger together with sugar and lemon juice for preparing the ginger-flavored plum jam. Start making your own today and prepare it for your family and friends.