Finding a cheaper version of nailhead upholstered headboard can be achieved through learning how to make an upholstered headboard with nailheads. If you searched the web, you are going to find some slightly different ways of doing this. However, you can do these by yourself and find an exceptional result once you are able to follow the instructions carefully and use the materials appropriately.
There have been various styles of headboard but some prefer the one with clean lines and straight edges the most. All you need is to learn how to put great ideas together. The truth is that you do not have to follow when step by step process. You can come up with your own way of using the materials and get amazed with the result.
When talking about materials, it usually goes with planning dimensions and shopping around to find other important things needed. If you really want to be saved from thinking everything about it, then try to consider the ideas given below and see for yourself.
For lumber, find a hardware store that will make the cuts accordingly to ensure that there will be no problem with this task.
• 3/8 inch thick plywood piece cut to 42 inches x 63 inches (1)
• 2×6’s cut into 68 inches in length (2) – it refers to the height, thus, you may go lower or higher.
• 2x4s cut into 52 inches in length (2) – it is for the support in between 2x6s
• ¼ inch wood screws (1) and wood glue – for extra sturdy products
• Thicker batting layers (3)
• ½ yards of muslin (2)
• Nailhead trim kit – choose your own color
• Upholstery staples and stapler
• Fabric – it should be durable enough for handling tight corners, stapling with no ripping and lots of pulling)
Steps to Building
1. Build your frame through laying it down the plywood.
2. Lay down the muslin and 3 layers of batting. Plunk the headboard plywood portion above.
3. Pull your batting and muslin tight around edges. After every side has been stapled, check again to ensure that things will look sleek and smooth on the sides and front.
4. Lean the headboard against your wall for about one minute. Lay your fabric face down and lay your headboard facing down on top of your fabric.
5. Put the nailhead trim through malleting it in. Start in an upper corner and then work the way down. Keep this straight.
6. Put it in the room and you may do some extra things such as painting its legs or adhering your headboard on the bed frame or to the wall.
It is up to you on how you are going to manage the height of your headboard. The basic learning on how to make an upholstered headboard with nailheads will be fun, interesting and money saver once you distinguished the technique in making one. For a detailed process, try searching the web for complete details. You may also ask somebody who is already expert in making upholstered headboard with nailheads.