Many people these days are very curious on how to make a t-shirt quilt. Actually, this process needs comprehensive understanding in order to have perfectly finished work. If you are one of those people who are looking for the steps to follow on how to make a tshirt quilt for beginners, it is important for you to know this information because it will help you in performing the process without committing mistakes. Aside from that, it will serve as your helpful guide when you are preparing yourself and the materials you need to use. It is also essential to prepare the things needed in creating a t-shirt quilt so that you can do it continuously.
Still searching for the information on how to make a tshirt quilt for beginners? Well, don’t give yourself difficulties because her are the steps you need to follow. These steps are made for you and also for those people who want to learn how to do it. It contains simple steps to be followed and that’s why you can understand it with ease. It will also guide you when you start to do it.
1. The first thing that you should do is to prepare the materials that you will use, and those are the following:
• 24 cotton t-shirts
• Heavy weight batting
• Embroidery needle and 3 threads with a neutral tone or color
• Pins and sewing machine
• Rotary cutter
• Ruler (long plexi-glass)
• Large piece of backing fabric- 2 yards by 3 yards
• Fabric scraps galore- it should have strips of fabric that has 14 in length and 1-4 in width
2. When you have these materials, cut the t-shirt’s design by using a scissor. You must cut it in square and make sure that you’ve got all the design on it.
3. Repeat the step 2 in the remaining 23 t-shirts.
4. When you cut the designs in the t-shirt, check the sides of it to find out if there are some extra threads that need to be cut.
5. When it is all clean and ready to quilt, Iron the square’s interface.
6. Use the pins in placing the squares together. Make sure that they are aligned well to have a perfect and continuous sewing process.
7. Sew up the t-shirt squares by using a sewing machine.
8. Sew up the sashing in the squares that has the designs. Do it vertically and it should have an allowance of at least a ¼ inch space in the edge and sides of it.
9. Make use of sashing in order to make equal rows in the t-shirt squares.
10. Stitch up the sashing border. Sew the border in the vertical edges. After that, do it again but start with the horizontal edges.
11. After sewing the horizontal and vertical edges, check the back area of it and finish the quit.