A patchwork quilt is also a unique stuff that you can use as a blanket. The presence of this creative stuff gets the interest of teenagers because it contains assorted design that can give additional color in their bed room. A patchwork quilt is offered in the market and there are times that it is sold at a higher price that’s potential buyers can’t easily purchase it. You can actually create a patchwork quilt through the use of unused cloth in your house. The cloth that you will use in this process should be colorful and stylish in order to have perfect finish patchwork quilt. Aside from that, you can assure to yourself that it will give your bedroom a livelier ambiance.
How to make a patchwork quilt for beginners? If you will see some images of patchwork quilt, you will immediately think that it is hard to do. But, when you know the steps on how to make one, you can seriously say to yourself that it is easy. You will just need to understand every step and complete the materials that you will use. But, if you can’t do the process by your own, you can ask help from your mother. Below are the helpful steps on how to make a patchwork quilt for beginners.
1. You must have the materials below:
• Scraps of fabric cotton that contains beautiful designs and it should be 1 ¾ yards for the top quilt.
• Cotton thread
• Cutting mat
• Ironing board and iron
• Quilter’s spray or pins
• 34 by 40 Fabric cotton for the back part of the quilt
• Quilt batting
2. When you have those materials. It is the time that you to choose on the cloth that contains designs and colors. It depends on you how many patterns or design you will use.
3. When you have your chosen pattern, cut every cloth in rectangle shape with the use of scissor. Its size should be 6 ½ by 2 ½ and cut those patterns in 90 pieces.
4. Lay out the patterns you will use. Stitch it together with ¼ line of stitching in the long edge of it.
5. Take the one piece. It should be facing the other rectangle in order to have a continuous sewing process. Don’t forget to use ¼ line of stitching.
6. When you finish sewing some of the cloths, try to add the other cloths that contain designs.
7. After that, get your iron and placed your patchwork quilt in the iron board. Heat it until it is straight and doesn’t create lines.
8. Make use of thick cloth where you will stitch your patchwork. It is significant to make use of this cloth because it will add durability to it. As you will use it as a blanket, make sure that it will make your body warm during the cold season.
9. Stitch the two perfectly and make sure that it is fully compact.
10. After that, check if there are some threads that need to remove.