Baby quilt is one of the simplest sewing plans that a beginner can undertake. Baby quilt for beginners is much less laborious. In fact, ou can complete the task in just a matter of hours. Once you understand the basic, you can accomplish it in just 30 minutes.
In making baby quilt for beginners you will need:
• Quilting Fabric, you can utilize any size of fabric but the most suggested sizes are 36” by 36”, 40” by 40” and 44” by 44”.
• Quilt Battling
• Double Sided Bias Tape
• A cutting mat and rotary cutter
• Straight Pins
• Tailor’s Chalk
• A Ruler
1. If your material has not yet tripped into squares, you can use a pair of fabric shears. Once you utilize a rotary cutter, you will also require a cutting mat. Or else, you can end up ruining anything underneath the fabric.
2. Extend out one square of the fabric to conceal the wrong side of the square.
3. Put the battling over the fabric. Ensure all corners are lined up.
4. Put down the other piece of material over the battling to have a right side up. This side is the part you want others to see.
5. Use straight safety pins to baste temporarily the three pieces as one.
6. Pull your ruler and tailor’s chalk out. Put down the ruler over the highest piece of fabric. Beginning at the top, measuring from the corner of the material and every four inches you need to make mark.
7. Move to the base of the material, and go over step #6.
8. Draw a line and connect the markings at the base of the material to the markings at the top using a tailor chalk. Make sure the lines are straight.
9. Put a number of straight safety pins at hit and miss places on quilt surface. This will stay the materials from shifting while sewing.
10. Sew along the lines begin at the top of the material, as near to the border as you can get. Once you reach the base, sew a bit past the border.
11. There is a possibility that while sewing the 3 pieces will not stay as equally lined up as you want. In which case, utilize the rotary cutter or shears to cut the borders.
12. Remove the pins. Now the baby quilt is virtually complete. You have to do is to fix those raw edges.
13. Take away the tape from packaging relating the tape, put it down in order that the lines on the top even with the top border of the quilt.
14. Utilize sewing machine to tie the tape to the baby quilt.
15. Fold the tape up and above in order to cover the raw border of the baby quilt. Attach it in place and then stitch using a sewing machine or hand needle.
Now you have your own baby quilt. You can make this is just a few hours to keep your little one warm and cozy.