Scarlet macaw is luminously colored parrots located in grasslands, forest, and rain forest of South America, Central America and Mexico. These birds are known because of their colorful and bright feather that can be yellow, blue, green and red. However, scarlet macaw is mostly red.
If you want to know how to draw a scarlet macaw, it is good to know that there are guides available out there which can help you draw the figure of macaw precisely and fast. But, make sure that you are all set by completing the materials needed.
Steps on How To Draw A Scarlet Macaw
1. Sketch a one sided oval, this serves as your lead for bird’s body. It doesn’t need to be precise.
2. Draw a curve below as your guide for making the bird’s wings
3. Make a small oval for the bird’s head and sketch a bent line in it to assist you put the facial characteristics later on.
4. On the right lower part draw bent lines that serve as the guide for the bird’s foot.
5. Below make a perpendicular line as a lead for the macaw tail. At this point, the first stage in drawing scarlet macaw is completed.
6. Draw a small circle that serves as the bird’s eye, and inside the small circle draw another small circle that serves as the bird’s eye pupil.
7. Utilize the primary lines as leads to sketch the bird’s beak. The upper portion of the bird’s beak expands the oval shape.
8. Make a shape from the bird’s beak which wraps in the eye for bare skin patch.
9. Sketch the bird’s head utilizing short, fast strokes in order to reproduce feathers.
10. Utilize the first lead lines to make a basic framework for the macaw’s body. Bend the lines towards end.
11. Sketch the feathered outline inside the bird’s wings through drawing a sequence of bent lines within. The outline must be made of simple bents which resemble to the letter U or J.
12. Utilize the lead line to make the bird’s tail utilizing similar methods of bent lines.
13. Draw the body by means of utilizing the first line as the guide.
14. Sketch something below the bird’s feet so that it doesn’t look to be floating. However, this is optional it is all up to you if you want it.
15. At this point, erase all the guides for a cleaner look.
16. Since macaw is a colorful bird, you can color the feather using purple or blue color to make it more attractive. Color the bird’s beak and mask with yellow and put in some pink shade on top. Put in some black shade to the lower portion of the bird’s beak. You can also accentuate it with other colors such as gray to make it exceptional.
How to draw a scarlet macaw is not an easy task because of its intricacy in sketching the beak, and the feathers. However, with the help of this guide you can accurately draw the scarlet macaw bird accurately and without difficulty.