Silver jewelry pieces are very classy and can be worn by any individual with any clothes unlike gold ones, but when it becomes tarnished, there are more people who would choose to buy a new set instead of spending time cleaning tarnished silver jewelry. If you are one of those people who are interested with cleaning your tarnished jewelry pieces, then you will not have to visit the nearest jewelry shop since you can do all the right cleaning methods while you are staying at home.
All the things that you need can be found in your kitchen. Just grab your aluminum foil, baking soda and a glass dish that is wide enough for placing all your jewelry pieces in it. When you have found all of these materials, then you are all set to get start the process for cleaning tarnished silver jewelry at your home. The following are the steps that you should do:
• Line the aluminum foil over the dish and place all jewelry pieces on top of the foil. Make sure that every piece will not overlap the other and keep all pieces touching the aluminum foil.
• Scoop enough amount of baking soda and sprinkle on top of the pieces. Cover all pieces completely as you sprinkle the powder over. The process does not require large amount of baking soda, just enough amount to cover the jewelry pieces laid unto the foil.
• Never put other steel jewelry pieces on the foil to avoid any complications in regards to cleaning process.
• Boil enough amount of water to cover all the pieces and pour carefully over jewelry pieces and baking soda and let it soak for about 10 minutes.
• After the allotted time, rinse all pieces under warm water and place everything on a towel for drying. Make sure that the water that you are going to use is warm enough to prevent any glass or stones from breaking or cracking.
As all your jewelry pieces are dry, you are assured that you have done the right process of cleaning tarnished silver jewelry without the need to take a trip to the jeweler. Just make sure that every method is followed to finish the cleaning method accordingly and even do the same method to other silver jewelry that you have.
With the use of the foil, the tarnish from all your silver jewelry will transfer on it effortlessly. This is the reason why you should make sure that everything is touching the foil before you add the baking soda and pour the hot water.
For those jewelry sets that are heavily tarnished, you may want to repeat the cleaning tarnished silver jewelry for at least 2 times to remove all excessive tarnish that makes your jewelry looking ugly. In this way, you can be sure that all your tarnished silver will retain its shine after the cleaning process is done properly. The method for cleaning your tarnished silver jewelry at home is inexpensive making it easy for you to do the methods repeatedly on your own.