People who own various silver jewelry sets would clean up their jewelry usually with the use of expensive silver cleaners, but for those who are running out of budget to purchase such cleaners, they prefer cleaning silver jewelry with toothpaste. Though there are many cleaners in the market that are made to clean anything that is made from silver, there are still people who choose to get the cheaper choice instead of sticking with the expensive available.
So, for those who are asking about the process of cleaning silver jewelry with toothpaste, you can check out the following steps to the process on your own:
• Use any plain toothpaste for the method since it contains more abrasive particles that can help in scrubbing off the tarnish from the jewelry.
• Apply toothpaste around in a piece of jewelry that is enough for coating the entire piece of the piece.
• Rub the toothpaste around the jewelry until it would look like black in appearance. This appearance may depend on how the piece is tarnished prior to rubbing the toothpaste.
• You can also use a soft brushing for areas with stubborn dirt.
• After rubbing the toothpaste, let it sit for at least 2 minutes.
• Wash the toothpaste from the jewelry with warm water until all traces of the toothpaste is washed away.
• After washing the toothpaste, you should see improvements. But if it is still dull, you can repeat applying the toothpaste and washing it away.
• Dry it with the use of a cloth until it shines.
After all these entire process of cleaning silver jewelry with toothpaste, you will see that the jewelry piece that you have cleaned will show improvements from the once tarnished look to a shiny one after cleaning it.
There are people who would prefer the use of tar control based toothpaste since these toothpastes contain more hydrated silica that can help in making the jewelry shine more than just the use of plain toothpaste. It is necessary that you spend enough time with cleaning your jewelry to make sure that you can wear it for as long as you want.
As you prefer cleaning silver jewelry with toothpaste, you will not only have an easy time cleaning your silver jewelry sets easily but also save enough money with purchasing various kinds of silver cleaning agents that may cost a certain amount. You are sure to have an easy time dealing with keeping all your silver jewelry pieces as clean as possible and have them worn whenever an occasion calls for it.
Aside from cleaning silver jewelry with toothpaste, you can also make use of the toothpaste with other silver cutleries and items you have at home and are already tarnishing. Yes, it will take some time, but as soon as you finish all the rubbing and rinsing the items, you will surely love how shiny and new-looking your items will look after. It is sure to be the most inexpensive method of cleaning silver jewelry pieces and cutleries without spending on expensive silver cleaners.